Wednesday 29 September 2010

Always read the label

You know, when you buy food, everything you need to know is on the label. Wouldn't life be so much easier if people had the same? Now I know what you're going to say. "finding out is half the fun" but I'm not saying put everything in print, just the important things.

So what would I put on these people labels?

Well for starters single status. Think how better it would be if we had a clue from the get go. Ladies, for one you wouldn't be hit on all the time when your partner is elsewhere. As much of a confidence booster as it is, I'm told it is annoying. Then we come to dating, how much easier would it be if we knew who was available right from the start?

Sexuality. Yep I said sexuality. In this modern society we have all sorts to contend with, and quite frankly it makes things messy. This is something that is recently giving me trouble. I met someone cute, I really start to like them but oh dear, I don't have enough ovaries for their taste. Come on people, let the rest of us know which way you swing!

Religious conviction. Now I don't care which God you believe in or what church you go to, but all I'll say is that someone who goes to church more than twice a week and someone who intensely dislikes the whole setup, should never meet.

The next one is a bit tricky. You see most of us are completely oblivious to the signs that someone likes us. A little hint on the people label might be a good idea, something along the lines of "you stand a chance so don't blow it" would be good.

If you don't want to walk around with a tag glued to your face, then I guess the next best thing is to just say what you think. If you like someone, say so. Talk about your beliefs and ideals. Be open with your sexuality, don't ever be ashamed. No-one actually cares that much these days.
The only thing keeping us back is fear. Fear of rejection, but what if we're accepted? It's a risk worth taking.

No comments: