Tuesday 21 September 2010

Can I get off now please?

I have periods of crippling depression, mostly for good reasons. The problem is that I'm pretty good at hiding it. So I fester in my own little dark world while others think it's business as usual. Of course if some dipshit shrink was to analyze me they would come up with all sorts of crap that doesn't actually help, but at the end of the day I've just got to hang on tight and ride it out.

It's hard to describe what these funks are like, and harder still to imagine that anyone else could understand. Perhaps putting these thoughts and feelings into words helps....then again who gives a shit?

What is more interesting is the random crap my brain comes up with when the rest of me doesn't want to keep going. For example, just today most of my being was screaming to go and do something silly when a naughty little thought popped up. Is it possible to de-evolve?

Take a look at humans and chimps. Yes humans are more intelligent, and we have the whole opposable thumbs thing going....but in every other respect, we are inferior to chimps. Our ape cousins have fewer diseases, fewer genetic defects, almost no allergies, they are physically stronger and can withstand greater environmental extremes than we can. So who is the more advanced creature?

I say the human race would be better off if we buggered off back into the trees, used our feet as hands and occasionally threw our shit at each other...OK we kind of do that last one already, but I hope you get my point. The more "advanced" we get, the more fragile we become. Is it coincidence that as hygiene and anti-bacterial soaps become more and more fashionable, asthma also increases?

I say let kids play in the mud. Make them lick their chickenpox addled friends. Climb trees and enjoy life, don't fear it.

No comments: