Wednesday 8 September 2010

Dipshit say what now?

It has been brought to my attention that maybe I'm not such a bad guy after all. Mainly because a certain female friend insists I'm nice, and she isn't all that happy with me right now, but also because Almighty D randomly gave me a pressie. To say those that know me know me all too well is a slight understatement. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this here, and I really can't be arsed checking, but I do have a slight obsession with fairies. So when Almighty D hands me a fairy figurine for being a good mate, and I quote "I saw it and just had to get it for you.", I do kinda have to rethink a few things.

Firstly I think I should downplay the whole fairy thing, people might get the wrong idea, or worse, the right idea. Secondly I can't be all that bad. It really means a lot when someone like Almighty D shows that kind of affection towards you. It was a small gesture really, one that many of us make without thinking, but really it says a lot.

So of course I get to thinking. We all make these gestures that say so much, and yet none of us really pay much attention. Now I've had an idea, a challenge really. why don't you pay attention for a week and see who really cares about you. Who loves you enough to drop everything when you have a bad day? Who remembers how you have your tea without asking? Who cares enough about you to think of you when you're not around?

Try it for a week, pay attention to all the little things. You might be surprised at how many people care about you, or maybe someone thinks of you more than you realise.

No comments: